From jpatton89: Someone applied for a job at the company my brother works at. This is how the guy sent in his resume.
Every time you hear "Let It Snow" play in your Store, does it make you want to do this?
Of course, it does! At least symbolically!
Every year we take chainsaws to Christmas songs and massacre them.
When Let It Snow plays for the zillionth fucking time over the ceiling speaker above your head, try this RHU classic. It will make you feel a whole lot better:
Oh the customer at the counter is frightful
She’s yelling and completely spiteful
And I'm in her face all ready to blow
You’re a ho! You’re a ho! You’re a ho!
It doesn’t look like she’s stopping
I brought some Xanax for popping
This bitch is making my retail rage grow
What a ho! What a ho! What a ho!
When she finally stops the gripe
How I’ll love pointing to the door
But she’ll probably put up a fight
And scream all across the store
My energy is slowly dying
And, my nerves, they’re still deep-frying
As long as she yells at me so
What a ho! What a ho! What a ho!
Such a ho! Such a ho! Such a ho!
If you have a Christmas Song you'd like to kill and donate to your fellow Slaves in their time of Christmas Song Hell need, send it to us! It doesn't have to be the whole song, a few lines will do, anything that will keep us from doing what Carolanne is suggesting above.
From Mon Thru Fri
From Daily Mail:
A 54-year-old man convicted of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old boy in Ohio has been caught working as a Santa Claus at a Texas McDonald's.
Norman Burbank was sentenced to 12 years prison for the 1992 rape of the child, but recently moved to Baytown, east of Houston.
On Saturday police received an anonymous tip the sex offender was acting as Santa Claus at the fast food restaurant and had children in his lap, according to Click 2 Houston, along with a photo of him taken on a cell phone.
However, after being arrested and detained by police, Burbank was let go, after authorities determined he had not violated any laws by putting on the red suit.
Unless a sex offender is on parole or probation that that stipulates they stay away from children under 17, it isn't against the law to have dealings with children.
'What's right isn't always legal,' legal analyst Brian Wice told the station.
'And what's legal isn't always right.'
Local police seemed just as surprised.
'Him putting on a Santa Claus costume and having children in his lap, however unsettling that is for parents to hear, it was not a violation of Texas law,' Eric Freed from the Baytown Police Department told Click 2 Houston.
Burbank was approached by the news outlet at his home.
He answered the door to the camera crew, but told them he had no comment about his detainment or his job.
The McDonald's store released a statement about the incident.
However it remains unclear whether any background checks were done before Burbank was assigned the job.
'We take this matter very seriously as the safety of our guests are our top priority,' the statement said.
'We are looking into the situation and gathering all the evidence.'
Under Texas law, there are only a handful of jobs that registered sex offenders are legally not allowed to perform.
They are limousine and bus driver, taxi cab driver and amusement park operator.
This story was originally posted on: December 06, 2010
Holy cock flavored lollipops.
Today has been... interesting.
It's been crazy busy today because A) it's Saturday, B) we're doing a special media thing that generally draws crowds and celebrities, and C) one of the celebrities rumored (RUMORED) to be in attendance has the initials J.B and is absurdly popular with females under the age of 18.
As such, our park attendance is about 10,000(!!!!) people above our projected attendance, which was still a decently high number.
SO, we've all been running around busy as can be doing stuff and trying to keep up with the rush. Oh, and since it's busy as all get out, we have door control. Yay! So far I've heard a lot of grumbling, but only one person has gotten sworn at that I know of, so it can't be that bad.
Anyhoo, on to the reason I'm writing... and it's a good thing, actually! I had a group of guests that I saw one of them leave that I let back in through one of the "exit only" doors.
I joked with his family afterward that he owed me a cupcake for it, as he had left to bring in the cupcakes for one of the little girls in his party, who happened to be celebrating her birthday.
As I do my rounds (my job at this point is to collect all the dirty trays to take them to the dish room), I keep talking to them at various intervals as I do my work.
One round, as I go by, they're wrapping up the party and they have a full container of cupcakes left. They pull me aside and actually request to give the leftover (untouched) cupcakes to the cast members!
Of course, I made sure to sneak one for myself since I had the chance.
Everyone downstairs was REALLY thankful for it. And they were delicious. I made sure to give the entire family (all 13 of 'em) a free fastpass to whatever ride they wanted for it. =D
Also, I got mentioned (not by name, though) in a guest email that has since been posted in various employee areas commending my manager that I got to help them for, well, helping them.
So while I wasn't mentioned personally, I know it was me and it kinda made my day. =D
Despite it being so busy, I'm actually having a pretty awesome day, and I hope that everybody out there is blessed to get guests/customers like this every once and while.
Chins up, and have a magical day!
So, I haven't been posting news stories about the Sony Hack, North Korea, and The Interview on RHU because at the time they didn't directly relate to movie theater workers who are part of the RHU family (and I was one in my younger days). But now that the film's release has been cancelled and a few chains said they would have still shown the film, I'm curious to see what you all think. I'm sort of neutral on this. I see both sides. The possible loss of lives and starting a war vs. the right to our freedom and not letting the terrorists win. But along with the movie being pulled the other big news surrounding this film is that the Feds have confirmed North Korea was in involved in the hacking - which means they are the ones that made the 9/11-like terror threat. It wasn't some group of crazy computer geeks after money. The terrorists hear appear to be North Korea.
So what do you think RHU?
Was Sony right to pull the movie? Or did they give into the terrorists?
The federal government confirmed on Wednesday that North Korea was behind the massive hack that saw the release of thousands of internal emails from Sony over the past two weeks.
This as Sony Pictures Entertainment pulled the planned Christmas Day release of The Interview after hackers threatened 9/11-like terror attacks on cinemas showing its North Korea comedy.
The decision came just hours after the five largest theater chains in North America announced they were pulling out of showing the film following the threats.
'In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release,' Sony said in a statement.
The studio said it was 'deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company,' and that it stood by the film makers of The Interview, a comedy about two journalists recruited by the CIA to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
A spokesperson later said in an interview with The Wrap that the studio 'no further release plans for the film,' shattering the hopes of many that it would appear in theaters next year or on VOD.
'U.S. investigators have determined the attacks against Sony was the work of hackers working on behalf of the North Korean government,' reported CNN Justice Correspondent Evan Perez.
He then added that government officials believe that there is no way this attack could have been carried out unless it came from the top.
Authorities are also looking into whether or not someone inside Sony helped the hackers.
The fact that this hack turned from the releasing of private emails into a terrorist threat that compromised, as one official told the New York Times, the 'safety of Americans,' make this the worst cyber-attack to happen on American soil.
It is still not clear how officials were able to determine that it was North Korea behind the attack.
Many in Hollywood are not happy with the decision to cancel the film, and took to Twitter to express their frustration and anger.
'Today the U.S. succumbed to an unprecedented attack on our most cherished, bedrock principle of free speech by a group of North Korean terrorists who threatened to kill moviegoers in order to stop the release of a movie.
The wishes of the terrorists were fulfilled in part by easily distracted members of the American press who chose gossip and schadenfreude-fueled reporting over a story with immeasurable consequences for the public–a story that was developing right in front of their eyes.
My deepest sympathies go out to Sony Pictures, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and everyone who worked on The Interview.
'Wow. Everyone caved. The hackers won. An utter and complete victory for them. Wow,' wrote Rob Lowe.
He later added; 'Saw @SethRogen at JFK. Both of us have never seen or heard of anything like this. Hollywood has done Neville Chamberlain proud today.
Zach Braff also weighed in, writing; 'Canceling "The Interview" seems like a pretty horrible precedent to set.'
Aaron Sorkin, who was the subject of many of the emails released in the hack, also spoke about Sony's decision.
'Today the U.S. succumbed to an unprecedented attack on our most cherished, bedrock principle of free speech by a group of North Korean terrorists who threatened to kill moviegoers in order to stop the release of a movie,' he said in a statement obtained by Deadline.
'The wishes of the terrorists were fulfilled in part by easily distracted members of the American press who chose gossip and schadenfreude-fueled reporting over a story with immeasurable consequences for the public–a story that was developing right in front of their eyes. My deepest sympathies go out to Sony Pictures, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and everyone who worked on The Interview.'
'In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release.
'We respect and understand our partners' decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers.
'Sony Pictures has been the victim of an unprecedented criminal assault against our employees, our customers, and our business.
'Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like.
'We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public.
'We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.'
Regal, AMC, Cinemark, Cineplex and Carmike, who between operate more than half of the country's 40,000 cinemas, had announced earlier on Wednesday that they wouldn't be showing the movie.
In a statement, Regal said it was delaying any showings of The Interview because of 'the ambiguous nature of any real or perceived security threats.'
The statement from Regal's vice president of marketing and communications also pointed the finger of blame at Sony and its 'wavering support' for the movie.
Sony had told exhibitors on Tuesday that the company understood if they pulled the film in light of the threats.
'Due to the wavering support of the film The Interview by Sony Pictures, as well as the ambiguous nature of any real or perceived security threats, Regal Entertainment Group has decided to delay the opening of the film in our theaters,' said Regal's Russ Nunley.
Cineplex, which also has more than a 75 percent market share in Canada with 161 theaters and 1,639 screens, also released a statement on Wednesday.
The famed Alamo Drafthouse theaters in Texas, who said after Sony's announcement on Wednesday that they still had every intention of showing the film despite the threats, announced they would be playing another movie that mocked the North Korean leader in its place - Team America: World Police.
'We're just trying to make the best of an unfortunate situation,' creative manager and programmer James Wallace told The Hollywood Reporter.
'Cineplex takes seriously its commitment to the freedom of artistic expression, but we want to reassure our guests and staff that their safety and security is our No. 1 priority,' said a Cineplex spokesperson.
Carmike Cinemas, which operates 247 theaters across the country, was the first to cancel its planned showings of the film on Tuesday.
The fallout from the Sony Pictures Entertainment hack that began four weeks ago exploded on Tuesday after the shadowy group calling themselves Guardians of Peace escalated their attack beyond corporate espionage and threatened moviegoers with violence reminiscent of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
The seriousness of the threat made Tuesday in messages posted online by the hacking group that calls itself Guardians of the Peace, is unclear.
The Department of Homeland Security said Tuesday there was 'no credible intelligence to indicate an active plot against movie theaters,' but noted it was still analyzing messages from the group.
The warning did prompt law enforcement in New York and Los Angeles to address measures to ramp up security and Thursday's New York premiere at the Landmark Sunshine was canceled as a result.
The FBI is investigating the identity of the hackers, but suspicion has centered on North Korea, which previously issued warnings over The Interview.
Sony did not say what its plans for The Interview now are, or whether the film's release could potentially happen at a later date.
Conjecture has centered on the possibility of an unprecedented on-demand release that would distribute the film without risk to theater operators.
No wide-release studio film has ever been first released on VOD, out of protection of the theater business.
Speculation about a North Korean link to the Sony hacking has centered on that country's angry denunciation of the film.
Over the summer, North Korea warned that the film's release would be an 'act of war that we will never tolerate.' It said the U.S. will face 'merciless' retaliation.
The film had been slated to hit theaters nationwide on Christmas Day. But on Tuesday, Rogen and Franco pulled out of all media appearances, canceling a Buzzfeed Q&A and Rogen's planned guest spot Thursday on Late Night With Seth Meyers.
The FBI said it is aware of the GOP's threats and 'continues to work collaboratively with our partners to investigate this matter.' FBI director James Comey last week said that investigators are still trying to determine who is responsible for the hack.
Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said his department takes the hackers' threats 'very seriously' and will be taking extra precautions during the holidays at theaters.
Hollywood studio Sony Pictures said on Tuesday that it was not pulling the film, but is leaving it to theater chains to decide whether to show the movie, which depicts a fictional plot to assassinate
'We plan to release the film,' said a source at Sony, which is dealing with fallout from an enormous cyber-attack last month.
The source added that a decision whether to show the film 'is with theater owners, partners whom we support.'
GOP also released a trove of data files including 32,000 emails to and from Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton in what it called the beginning of a 'Christmas gift.'
And two former Sony film production workers filed lawsuits alleging the Culver City, California company waited too long to notify nearly 50,000 employees that data such as Social Security numbers, salaries and medical records had been stolen.
The filing follows another lawsuit this week from two other former Sony employees accusing the studio of being negligent by not bolstering its defenses against hackers before the attack.
It claims emails and other leaked information show that Sony's information-technology department and its top lawyer believed its security system was vulnerable to attack, but that company did not act on those warnings.
Sony potentially faces tens of millions of dollars in damages from a class-action lawsuit, said Jonathan Handel, an entertainment law professor at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law.
Since the hack surfaced late last month, everything from financial figures to salacious emails between top Sony executives has been dumped online.
The nearly 32,000 emails to and from Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Lynton leaked on Tuesday include information about casting decisions and total costs for upcoming films, release schedules for Sony films through 2018 and corporate financial records, such as royalties from iTunes, Spotify and Pandora music services.
They include information about new electronics devices such as DVD players and cellphones. They also include budget figures for the Motion Picture Association of America, of which Sony is a member, and at least one email about a senior Sony executive who left the company.
The emails also include banal messages about public appearances, tennis matches, home repairs, dinner invitations and business introductions.
On Monday, Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton sought to reassure employees that the studio would not be destroyed by the leaks.
'This will not take us down,' Lynton told employees, adding: 'You should not be worried about the future of this studio.'
North Korea has denied involvement in the brazen November 24 cyber-attack, which some experts said could possibly have been carried out by disgruntled workers or by supporters of North Korea furious over the movie.