I have 2 words for this job...
There's a guy who gets no type of respect. He goes back and fourth all day hauling ass pushing carts in cold, hot, rainy, snowy weather. His store Managers don't care... they want HIS ASS TO PUSH CARTS LIKE A GOOD SLAVE!
Kunta Kinte Style as matter of fact.
He also has to clean disgusting bathrooms. Unclogging toilets filled with shit. (Someone even took a shit on the floor...GUESS who had to clean it UP? ... I'll leave that to your imagination.)
He cleans up wet spills around,the store, mops up vomit on more than one occasion, empties garbage cans and cleans the employee break room (because most of his co worker are too LAZY to clean up after themselves... sad for a bunch of adults).
At this point, he has lost hope in humanity. Would you want a Job like this? Who the hell is this poor bastard? Well that poor 19 year old bastard is ME.
I HATE BEING A CART PUSHER!!! This is an absolutely horrible job.
I have to:
- Clean out the trash that trifling customers leave in carts (Dirty Diapers etc).
- Flip carts,back on their wheels that customers just throw down.
- Watch out for jack ass road raged customers in the, parking lot when I'm moving 6+ carts
- Move back and forth for 6-8 hours straight pushing carts into the store.
- Organize carts that customers sloppily throw into the cart bin in the parking lot.
I do meet a few good customers, but most are just crappy.
I HATE this job. I am too smart for this shit. Fellow and former cart pushers feel my PAIN. At the end of my shift I'm sore and I feel HUMILIATED.
If you're someone or know someone who is thinking about pushing carts or being a Porter (Janitor) like what I do on my job...TELL them not don't do it and to RUN THE FUCK AWAY from this job!