Long time lurker, first time poster.
Anyway, I work as a delivery driver (lets call me Delivery Bitch- as sometimes I certainly feel like that) for a well known pizza chain which spans several continents.
This is a list of things which annoy the hell out of me, and the other drivers whom I work with:
- If it's dark, and your porch light works- put it on! Helps us to see and we won't drop your food when fumbling for change.
- Don't expect me to be able to break a $100 bill for a $20 order, I don't carry enough change- and no I will not give you your pizza for free because of this. Also, please never pay a $50 order off in change, I hate maths, even $5 notes are much better.
- I know it's not customary to tip where I'm from, but never, ever, say I don't deserve one. I don't expect tips, but they are nice. However, I've come out in the pouring rain and freezing cold because you were too lazy to get off your arse. Next time, expect a spit pizza.
- I have two options when an order is wrong: remake, or refund. I won't do both. Never, ever ask for that. It pisses me off as I have to do a re-run and lose money, and it pisses off my boss.
- Don't answer the door naked. I might be a female, but I don't want to see any guy's dick whilst working.
- Keep your phone on you at all times once you've ordered- If I get lost, or if you are not answering your door, I always ring and leave a voicemail. I have a three knock, two call policy. Then I take it back to the store.
- We're not miracle workers- sometimes we have to do up to four deliveries in one hit-meaning I might only be back at the store once or twice an hour- yes your pizza might be a little late, but it's still hot and it got to where it needed to be.
- (This is about other drivers), Say thank you for a tip, so the next driver who delivers to that address might get one as well. I lost a tip because the customer said and I quote verbatim: "The last driver was too rude about the tip, so I'm never tipping you guys again. I want all the change." Unfortunately, I understand completely, but I lost out on a $5 tip on a $25 order. Thanks guys.
- Prank orders are not okay. Prank orders are NEVER okay. I don't get paid for fake callouts- as nobody is paying for this order. If I ever meet the person who placed the $60 fake order, I will bash the shit out of you as I lost about 6 deliveries (I get paid per delivery), for that one fake callout.
- Be nice. I have a small supply of free garlic bread tokens sometimes, and I love giving them out to nice custys. Don't ever demand them as I won't give one to you. And I'll blacklist you in my personal book of asshats who I will never deliver to. (So far I only have two).
May you all treat your delivery drivers nice and may your custys be understanding,