I'm a customer who very often fumes over other customers behavior (Yes, I'm not perfect but I don't remember acting like an asshole toward retail people) I have been working in customer's service and I had my share and try to behave.
I'm a French customer who understands the hardship of retail and customer service (I have been working for a custy service and been yelled at, got some death treat and one day a customer framed me. (long story that ended well luckily)
Below are some rants, all stories are true of course
I just can't understand the behavior of some customers.
- No you are not supposed to take a grape and eat it while shopping. This is called stealing, and I hate to buy some grapes that have been tried before.
- No you DO not keep up talking on your cell phone while getting through the cashier. It's rude. And even if you are talking to you mother in another country.
- When queuing to pay, you don't push the person in front of you because you have only one item and you are a senior. And yes I would have let you go in front of me.
- When in a foreign country, you don't leave because they don't have a menu in your language. The waiter would have helped you or another customer (I'm the "official" translator for a few restaurants where I go if I know the language and do it with great pleasure)
- When you break something, especially liquids or baby food, do tell a retail person. It can be slippery
- When a big floor cleaner is in front of the frozen food, don't make a scandal because it's a bit difficult for you to choose. Your arms are long enough!
- If you ask kindly I'm sure someone will move it.
- I could not avoid to stepping in to rescue the poor employee: YES it is there! Do you know what? It's because it is PLUGGED there.
- NO you don't enter a restaurant with one brat with a loaded super soaker. And do nothing when he uses it. The poor water will be pissed of to have to clean the floor
Ok, that's all for now.
Take care retail slaves and may the force be with you (or a light saber)