So I compiled a list of tips to make shopping for that perfect gift a fun experience.
- If you see something that you liked in a certain ad, please for the love of all that is holy bring the bloody ad in. We have countless ads running and since I have better things to do than watch T.V. I have no clue which item you are talking about. Telling me that it is a silver ring with a stone on it does not help at all when we have countless items that could fit your vague description.
- Also if you see a piece in the ad and come to collect the item when the ad has been running for five or more days do not get mad when we have run out of the item. Do not complain that you drove X amount of miles to get it, you have a phone and have the ability to call to check our stock before you get into your car.
- If you can not tell the difference between real diamonds and cubic zircons by sight, then the price should help. Meaning that lovely necklace that is dripping with sparkly stones and is priced for under $500 should be a huge tip that you are not buying diamonds.
- The price of gold right now is freaken crazy so if you find an item that you like do not get mad when its either over priced because it is 18k or if it is priced just right, but happens to be 14k plated over silver. You either fork over the extra dough for the gold or suck it up and buy the gold over silver.
- Read the fine print on coupons before you try to pawn them off on us because we will and we will tell you no. We are in a business to make a profit, not to hand merch away because you want to use three different coupons on an item that is already marked down 40%.
- If you like an item and find it scratched and we can not find another piece do not ask for a discount on an item that is already marked off $100. You will not get it, and it will be no skin off my back if you do not buy the item. They ship the item to us in a way where there will always be a few scratches on it. If you don’t like it than DON’T GET THE DAMNED ITEM!
- It should be illegal to return an item, buy the same item back and use a coupon as to get some money back. If you were okay with the price you bought it as then you should be still okay with it. Telling me to go talk to my manger will not help your case; he cusses more than most associates do.
- If I have a hard time finding an item do not ask me if I am new, people can not stock and unless it is in plain view I have to hunt our under stock so see if I can locate it. Be nasty enough and I won’t be able to find the item or take my sweet time about it.
- Unless you have an item that has come from behind our counters than I can not check you out. We don’t have the counter space to deal with other items nor do we have the device to remove the ink tag. Telling me that it is stupid that we have no line to check out and yet the cashiers over at customer service have a line that wraps around a department will not help you either. We have no line because our registers are for our select clientele only. Note if it is an elderly person on a cane or in a wheel chair or a pregnant miss than we will bend the rules because we are not heartless.
- If I am on the phone trying to call another store to do a stock check for a customer do NOT come up and try to brow beat me into ringing you out. It will not work, and I will point you to a different associate that is not in the middle of something. DO NOT rant to me or to my fellow workers about customer service, how about some common courtesy you hag!?!?
- I speak English, French, and I can sign. Anything else and you are SOL. Do not get mad because I can’t understand what you want and I am not willing to be clicked at like a dog to help you.
In closing, I'm here to help, and I do enjoy helping a frazzled husband/boyfriend find the perfect gift, treat me like shit and the bitch will come out.