The Iowa Taco Bell where police uncovered a meth lab earlier this week is still closed. On Tuesday morning, police officers responded to calls about suspicious persons outside of the restaurant in Cedar Rapids. When they went inside, they found signs of an "active" meth lab including fuel, lye, and drain cleaner. NBC writes that 31-year-old employee Christopher Adam Matous was arrested alongside 56-year-old Kent Jerome Duby and both were charged with conspiracy to manufacture meth.
The Gazette reports Matous told officers that he manufactured the meth "for personal use" so that he could "stay high all the time." Taco Bell released a statement noting that the meth was not cooked in the restaurant's kitchen. However, Matous has been terminated and the franchise owner may press criminal charges. Taco Bell adds that the company and the franchisee find the situation "completely unacceptable" and that the franchisee is cooperating with the police.
The chain has hired a company that "specializes in cleanup of hazardous materials" and plans to submit a report on the progress of the situation on Friday. Stuart Schmitz, a toxicologist with the Iowa Department of Health tells the paper that "those who face the greatest health risks from meth labs are the meth manufacturers themselves," and that there is little risk the public was exposed. For now, the location remains closed and Cedar Rapids residents will have to get their Quesaritos at another location.
Not quite the same, but my brother used to work at this burrito place with a bunch of high schoolers, none of which needed the job; they were all from well off families that knew the owners.
You know, the kids who only have jobs because mommy an daddy think it'll build character to see how the "less fortunate" people live, and who can't be fired because the owners know their parents.
Well, a couple of these little fuckers had a little problem with a drug called heroin.
One day the manager couldn't find them and my brother says, "They're passed out in the bathroom."
The manager was trying to think how he was going to handle the situation when a couple of cops walked in to get some dinner. The manager took their order and told them they could have it for free if they went and looked in the bathroom. Says it's nothing dangerous, but it's something they might find amusing.
The cops walk out with the two kids in handcuffs and say they found them with two and a half $20 packs of heroin sitting on the back of the toilet. The manager handed them their food and thanked them for their service.
One of the kids asked if he would still have his job and the manager busted out laughing.
I truly don't understand supervisors who insist on hiring people who are obviously going to be terrible employees.
One summer in college I was working for this dog kennel/boarding place. We were open 24/7 and we had a lot of trouble finding good people to do the overnight 11pm-7am shift. That overnight person had to be alone in the building with at least 30 dogs on a normal night, making sure everything was clean and that all the dogs had enough food/water/bathroom breaks.
Halfway through the summer, my boss hired this guy who was supposed to show up early on his first day at 8 pm for training for the overnight. He called me at the front desk at about 7:30pm saying he couldn't make it because he had fallen off the wagon and didn't want to drive drunk to get here.
For some unknown reason, instead of telling him not to bother coming in because he CLEARLY wasn't going to be a good employee because he was DRUNK, my boss gives him an ultimatum: show up for this shift or be fired.
He stumbled in around 8:30 pm and somehow made it through his shift.
He worked there for about a week before we discovered that A) he was also a heroin addict and B) he was doing his own personal laundry in our company machines.
When I worked in a kitchen as a dishwasher, there was my co-worker, Matt. He was this... high school dropout (literally he dropped out in his sophomore year).
Not only did he make two dollars more an hour than I did (and I had just graduated from high school too!) but he also spent a full half-hour before the dinner rush outside smoking pot. So not only did I have to work harder to make up for him, but he made more than I did!
Then there was my boss.... oh wow... Mike pretty much verbally abused everyone who would put up with it. And the best part was, when I just got back from a two week vacation in Germany (which I told him about when he hired me, and he was ok with) he scheduled me for the 3-close shift the day after I got home.
Not only was I not needed; it was a Sunday and we were only open to 7! Although there was a function, but they were using paper-plates - so I have no idea why three dishwashers were necessary to begin with...
Anyway, I was severely jet-lagged and falling asleep. My merciful friends sent me home, and as I was leaving the kitchen, my boss told me to be there bright and early at nine in the morning the next day. Then he told me that I was a "stupid cunt."
The only reason I cried was because I was sleep-deprived. I still can't believe he said it.
Once had a girl come to develop pictures, and she asked to fill out a job application while she waited.
I drop her roll in and set her up on the computer.
The film develops and I go to print. All of the pictures were of her doing illegal drugs.
After trying not to laugh my ass off at the situation (in front of her, anyway,) I just walked over and told her, "By the way, we drug test."
She quit the job application, paid for her pictures and hauled ass out of the store. LOL!
From The Daily What:
Calgary couple Mark and Star King recently left their home in the hands of four adults on AirBnB, who ended up tearing it apart in what police describe as a “drug-induced orgy.”
More like Nightmare BnB.
Soon after the Kings left last Saturday, a luxury party bus showed up in their driveway with 100 strangers pouring into their home.
And then all hell broke loose.
“Our hardwood floors are all popping because there are pools of liquor. There’s glass shards, there’s dent in our walls, toilets flooded and plugged with condoms,” Star told CBC News.
There was also mayonnaise on their furniture and chicken drum sticks in their shoes.
Their neighbors texted the couple to alert them to the craziness that was going down in their house, and the cops eventually arrived to put a stop to it.
The above video shows the damages that resulted from the AirBnB nightmare which are estimated at about $50,000.
Star said she would have felt better if the house had just been burned down to the ground.
Last year, a man in New York rented out his apartment to someone who turned it into a massive sex party.
Long time reader, first time poster. Let's see how this goes!
I have a dozen stories about where I work... we sell intimates and we have some interesting characters. But these stories will have wait as today's tale is about the place across the street from us.
To set the stage, it's a weekend night in a normally busy outdoor shopping mall in town. Around 10-11 everyone clears out after dinner and movies so the place is usually a ghost town except for the occasional group of teens causing a ruckus.
Cue a phone call at 2-3am to the manager of Big-Box-Book-Store, who happens to be my friend. The alarms have been set off and police are alerted of a possible burglary in progress. Big-Box-Book-Store Managers arrive and place is trashed; front window shattered, fire extinguisher foam everywhere, blood splattering the walls, books and on the floor.
Police head in and discover the suspected burglar is a teen...a Butt Ass Naked Teen. Obvious question is asked...
Police Department: "What are/were you doing?"
Fair enough Butt Ass Naked Teen, fair enough.
Big-Box-Book-Store Manager later views surveillance tapes. The kid takes a dip in the fountain outside the store, sheds clothing, shoulder tackles THICK front glass and proceeds to rampage the store. Somewhere in that time he shits near the kiddie book area and spreads the love around, and then takes the fire extinguisher to half of the store to make it snow.
Heard the damage was somewhere in the ballpark of $300,000...
Cue two day Hazmat clean up and store closure. Kid had been a part of one of those pill bowl parties.
Drugs are bad, kids.