Tonight was almost my breaking point.
First, I had a dude come in drinking a beer. He threw a fit when I told him he couldn't drink in the store. "That's bullshit, you sell beer, blah argh... mumble jumble..."
Our license is to sell it, not consume it on property.
The kicker? He wasn't even old enough to drink.
I had a girl come in cussing up a storm and being obnoxious. Good thing my coworker took care of that crazy bitch. She was abusive toward her boyfriend who looked mortified.
And we had a guy jerk off in the men's room. Semen everywhere. Nope, didn't clean it. No way in mother fucking hell. I closed it off. I don't get paid enough for that shit.
And the best part?
For the third time this week, the morning person came in over 45 minutes late. I get told 'oh well' and hung up on when I called, bitched outbecause I did so. Like I don't have other shit to do... damn people, read your schedules.
My head is pounding.
1. If your bass is shaking the building, turn it down, you jackass. You are not impressing anyone and making me unable to perform my job because of your stupidity.
2. I am not selling to you without an ID, period. And do not send your girlfriend in here to do it for you, because the answer is still no. I don't care if you are a 'grown ass man with a full beard' you are still getting ID'd. It is a big deal, for I can go to jail, get fined, and lose my job. The law is on my side. And cussing at me is getting you no brownie points because the next time you come in, I will ID you again. Maybe if you were nice, I might have remembered you.
3. Treat me with respect if you want it. Golden rule we learned in grade school still applies.
4. My second assistant manager (in name only)... a girl who complains that the Market Manager doesn't like her, approved a sale I rejected. She is not supposed to do that. Why did I deny it? The birthdate on the ID was not readable. She does crap like this all the time and makes me look like an asshole. No wonder my MM doesn't like her. She also pulls rank on me constantly and it gets old. Don't ask someone to do something you won't even do.
5. No, I am not a stupid bitch because I had to ask you SIX times what you wanted before you would pay attention enough for me to get you what you wanted. Get off your damn phone for ten seconds and acknowledge me.
6. You come in with five people and buy beer, you bet your ass I am carding every single one of you.
7. I understand that if you go across the bridge, you can buy beer at 7am on Sunday. That is in another county. In this county, it doesn't start until noon and that cooler is not opening a second before then. Maybe a minute after if you want to be an ass.
Why do Sundays bring out the crazies?
I actually walked out of a Smosh when I had an interview because of their bullshit.
I had class to get to and my appointment was at 1pm.
It wasn't until 2:30 until the guy came back to get me. I had class at 3:30 and had to leave right then. I just stuck around to say this:
"You know, I find it a bit unprofessional for you to make me wait this long to see you. You knew I was going to be here at such and such time and it didn't matter to you. I don't mind waiting a half an hour or so because I know that you sometimes get backed up. But frankly there is hardly anyone in the store and almost two hours is unacceptable. Hopefully the next interview you have will be professional and on time."
I get called the next day by the store manager (I was interviewed by the assistant manager) who asked why I didn't show up. (OH IT WAS FUCKING ON THEN!) I explained what happened, that I did show up, and I had to leave because he kept me waiting so long. I was called back 2 days later and got the job.
The assistant manager made my days there hell until he transferred to another store. Don't worry, I didn't accept it for too long. Eventually I told him to stuff it and frankly, no, I didn't care if I got fired. I was sick of his chauvinistic, racist bullshit. The Store Manager was 150000000% behind me.
So, if they are this unprofessional at an interview, they will be worse later. RUN. If this ever happens again, I will just laugh in their faces if they offer me a job.
As most of you know, I broke my metatarsel bone while crossing the street after a speeding car almost hit me and I smashed my foot into a street sign.
I have been in a cast for a month and have to be in a boot for another three weeks with light duty.
I have all my doctors notes, ready to turn them in when I return to both of my jobs.
Yes, I got the job at the haunted house as an actor. I am quite proud of myself.
The haunted house was actually quite accomodating, letting me sit in a certain area if we were busy since I would not be required to move. I am working limited duty, but at least it is a paycheck.
Lance Bass has not been so supportive though they claim to be.
There is a problem with the house as well... they haven't given me my paperwork so I can get paid. Since I cannot drive to the office that is in another county, I asked them to bring the paperwork to the local location, which they have still failed to do. While I have been there I have seen and heard many things about this place.
1. That the owner is a pervert. I have seen this first hand.
2. Everyone drinks heavily on the job and most are underage.
My question is, should I stick with it since acting is my passion or say forget it?
With Lance Bass, I had to call today to explain about the boot. Basically, even if I have the notes from my doctors, I could still be fired.
Is this even legal?
Thanks, RHU, you are the best.
P.S. Spritzy- I put the rinsestones you gave me on my cast and everyone loved it :)
Before I get the questions of "Where the hell where you," and all that jazz, let me just say thank you for everyone who gave me support and a special shout out to Spritzy for the awesome care packages she sent me. It was seriously the lift I needed.
As some of you know, I was diagnosed with bipolar two and paranoia. I have been taking medication for it and I have to say it has been a lot easier for me to deal with everything. I am not as paranoid now and my mood swings are minimal. I still have my bad days, but they are few and far between. It took me hitting rock bottom to realize that I needed to do something about this situation.
Now, I am working for a company that I absolutely adore. Most of you know the place, but I will refer to it as Lance Bass. Hey, I like boy bands, sue me. (Not One Direction)
All my coworkers are women. Though I am not a lesbian, I still find this to be a very good thing since I am not ready for any type of relationship right now and frankly i couldn't care less about dating at all.
And my manager loves me to death, complimenting me every single day that I am catching on more quickly than anyone she had ever trained. This is where I have to thank Smosh because mostly it is the same with minor differences. Though, because I am a perfectionist, I beat myself up about every little thing I do wrong. Most of the time it is a quick fix. Today, it took a little longer to figure out a mistake I had made, but I eventually did figure it out. I commented, mostly to myself "I am on day four and still making rookie mistakes." At that point, the manager rolled her eyes and started laughing. "Will you knock it off, Redheadactress? You are doing great! We already made our sales quota for the day and it isn't even noon." I had to smile.
I haven't run into any crustys. At least not yet. All the women that come into the store are very friendly and polite, perhaps because they know what it is like to be treated like dirt because of the way they look. Most don't believe that it is only my first week.
The only issue I have with this store: the credit cards.
This is the first time I have ever had to encounter this and I am not too keen on it. I wouldn't want to get this card and I hate the fact that I have to push it. I just hope I don't get fired for not getting anyone to open an account.
So my question is: advice? Pretty please?
This terror brings me back to my telemarketer days and I never want to relive those. I'm terrified. Maybe just paranoid?
And on a note that has nothing to do with retail, I am taking the bus now because someone smashed my car window and deflated my tires with a knife. Some people... I never encountered this in the small town where I am from.
Thanks for being there, RHU!