Here are some more rules for Holiday Custys.
6. If you're asked if you want a gift receipt, and say no, only to turn around at the end of the transaction and change your mind, don't give us a death stare because you now have to go to Customer Service. You're the one that's indecisive here, not us.
7. There is always a new "hottest thing this year," just like Beanie Babies and Tickle Me Elmo before them. If the sign says "Limit One Per Customer," it doesn't mean "Limit One Per Customer Unless We're Not Looking." We're not being greedy, or trying to keep your fucking brats from getting everything they want. We're trying to allow you to get one without having to resort to paying the bloodsuckers on Ebay about 50 times what they sell at retail for. (Which is $8.99... Ebay, they'll be upwards of $400.)
8. If the sign says we're closing at 8pm, then that means by 8pm your stupid ass better have bought everything you need and be outside in the fucking parking lot. It does not mean that we close our doors at 8pm, but if you were inside the store before that, we have to allow you to finish your shopping. Side note: My store will have the PD going through the store at 10 minutes prior to closing telling people to head for a register, or get a citation for failure to comply.
9. Don't pitch a bitch if we stop you and ask for a receipt on your way out the door. This is the nastiest part of the year for theft, and none of us want to get hauled into the managers office because we let a shoplifter get away.
10. You may come across a cashier who likes to tease your child about Santa Claus watching them during this week in particular. Stop accusing us of terrorizing your child, and start thanking us for coming up with a way to shut their whiny little mouths without having to actually hit them, like we'd secretly like to.
Wow.... that felt really good...