I work the most "wonderful" part of retail in the store, front cash. As anyone who worked front end as well, you know the joys of lazy, slobby custys who are blaming you for the prices, the fact they can't find anything unless it's right in front of them or the fact that the truck with their precious Oreo's hasn't come in yet because of a massive snow storm.
But this is not a rant about a specific event, this is a rant of nearly a year's worth of idiots. So here are some tips for future custies:
1) Don't throw your shit on the belt with no care and expect me to treat everything as if it is made of glass. If you don't respect it, neither will I.
2) I'm human, I can only scan and pack so far so stop your huffing and whining, if you're in that big of a rush help me pack the bags.
3) Keep your fucking spawn under control. I can't count how many times I've had screaming, crying, bitchy kids in line and parents not doing anything, just standing there, reading a magazine while their spawn tries to tear apart everything they get their hands on.
4) Get off your fucking phone. I don't have time to ask your 6 times how you would like to pay and I don't want to hear about the awesome sex you had last night when you were like totally trashed (yes, this did happen)
5) Don't wait until I'm done with everything to start putting it back in your cart. I run out of space really fast.
6)If you buy a ton of cans, don't bitch to me that your bags are too heavy. You picked the cans, you put them on the belt that way, I pack 'em as I see 'em.
7) No, I will not bag your massive box of Crappy-O's. It won't fit.
8) I plan out how I pack things, I know how much can fit in your bags, don't rip the bags out of my hands snarling "you're going to make it too heavy". I will then make the next one extra heavy.
9) Do not pay for an order with 100's of gas/pharmacy points. It really pisses us off.
10) We used to charge for bags to promote environmental awareness, 5 cents a bag, for most people this was never more than 50 cents extra on their order. You would think that we were charging $10 a bag with the rate of complaints. I don't set the policies, I just have to do what I'm told. It's not the end of the world. If you don't like it, go shop at Sobeys or Walmart. I don't give a shit cause I won't have to deal with you anymore.
11) When I ask at the beginning of an order if you need plastic bags today and you say no, don't stand there like an idiot, pass me your damn bags!
12) No, I will not check the price of every item you chose, that's what the signs are for.
13) I have no idea why we are out of an item, no there is none in the back, yes I'm sure we're out, you can get a rain check from customer service, no not from me c-u-s-t-o-m-e-r s-e-r-v-i-c-e. Over there, 10ft away under the giant yellow sign that says Customer Service.14) If I'm processing a $500 order, don't ask why it's taking so long. You should know.
It's been a long day, next post...."Colleagues"