Hello RHU, it's The Worst, and I need some advice!
As I mentioned before, I'm moving across the country for graduate school. As it turns out, the home office for my current call center gig is an hour from campus, and they've offered me a part time job two days a week. My question is, should I take it?
Let me lay you out a few pros and cons before you cast your vote.
- It's money coming in, and let's be honest - Ramen noodles and mac n' cheese are cheap, but they ain't free.
- I already know how to do everything.
- It would be easier to find a job closer to campus while already employed.
- It's an hour away. I have a car and I already have a 35 minute commute, but that's an hour each way that I am doing nothing productive (studying, working, writing... maybe I could eat on the road?)
- The people in the home office are GIANT douchebags for whom I have zero respect.
- They have a habit of firing people and then lying about the reason (most common reason - "we eliminated their position" and then hiring someone for that position a week later) and it would look better if I just quit now then ended up getting fired later.
So that's it RHU, and now I need your help! What should I do? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated!
--<3 The Worst
The comments to this entry are closed.