Retail Hell Underground blogroll was created in October of 2007 as a private social media platform for retail workers to have a voice and share their stories and rants about customers, managers, and coworkers. Over the years RHU has grown to include anyone working (or who has worked) in Customer Service.
Members submit stories, pics, videos, and links via email to the Underground and RHU Crpytkeepers Freddy and Ilia post them on to the blogroll with the member's screen name.
If you have a funny or interesting story to share or you're fed up with your coworker or job, RHU community would love to hear your tale.
Besides stories and rants we love to share submissions on pics (personal or viral), videos, memes, and sometimes news stories. We also share from Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook.
Also, every month RHU has fun story and photo themes and we would love to hear from you if you have submissions connected to them or ideas for upcoming themes.
Other hot topics on RHU blogroll over the years:
Shoplifters and thieves -- we call them N.A.T.s Nasty Ass Thieves
Monstrous children -- we know them as Hellspawn
Annoying sale shoppers are known as Discount Rats
Custys that make messes are Piggy Shoppers
Uplifting stories of humans helping each other with Acts of Kindness
And If you've told a customer off tell us! Maybe you'll get a Retail Balls Award! We also accept nominations for Retail Balls Awards if you have story from your coworker or maybe you witnessed a horrible custy getting told.
Retail Hell Underground is not a publisher, magazine, business, company, or commercial entity. RHU is a private social media sharing platform for retail and customer service workers and makes no profit. Money from Google ads is used to keep the blogroll up on the internet and running, powered by blogging service Typepad. Everyone involved with RHU is a volunteer and RHU makes no profit.
Retail Hell Underground does not accept paid endorsements or submissions that are advertisements or links back to products or ads.
We aren't able to post all submissions for various reasons, but you'll hear back from us when we are posting your story or link. Be sure to include a screen name if your story is personal and if you can't think of a name, we are happy to use "From an RHUer".
Below are 5 Guidelines For Sharing To RHU:
1. Keep your story at a reasonable length. If your story is only two or three sentences long, it may not be posted because there just isn't enough story to share. Long stories take more time to format for the site and may end up delayed. Please feel free to contact us if you haven't heard back in over a month.
2. Please put capitalization at the beginning of sentences and dialogue. We are getting a lot of submissions that have to be corrected and this takes time. No small "i" - always use I. Try not to use text-type writing (LOL and symbols are okay.) Also don't use fancy fonts or color backgrounds. It's easier to translate on to the blog with just basic email text.
3. If you are posing a question to RHU or urgent advice is needed regarding your job, please mention that in the email subject line. I will get it up faster.
4. We allow slang words and swearing on RHU. This would include words like Fuck, Shit, Bitch, Dick, Cock, etc... However, there are some words we no longer allowed because of too many differences about their usage among members. So we have to draw the line at the c-word, f-word, and n-word. In past years we published stories with those words but in today's world wide sharing environment there is no place for them.
5. We want to protect the confidentiality of our submitters and the people who take part in your stories. Please do not put personal details in your submissions that are off topic or too specific. An example of this would be details on a family member's health or personal health problems that could be used to narrow down the face behind your RHU identity. If the information that you supply seems too detailed or specific, your story may be edited to remove these details.
Thanks for your interest in sharing with the Retail Hell Underground community.
SEND YOUR WORK HELL FODDER TO: